- Maintains or updates schedule; Distributes information; Requests replies when RFI is not required; Provides site layout or coordination and instruction for installations;
- Verifies deliveries are compliant with submittal, specification, or shop drawings; Inventories materials; Directs logistics for deliveries and schedules of equipment;
- Researches procurement of items unsecured at bid date; Engineers safety systems and monitors safety limitations of equipment operations;
- Maintains drawing catalog and shop drawing files; Performs material take-offs and estimating;
- Provides equipment and labor performance rates and assists with estimating; Monitors site for safety hazards and implementation of site safety plans.
- Coordinate the activities of the architects, engineers, utility providers and other design and construction professionals and other consultants during construction.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with utility companies, local and state government agencies including permit and inspection divisions; maintain familiarity with local codes and ensure all regulations are met.
- Oversee, monitor and inspect construction to ensure quality construction and compliance with plans and specifications; be thoroughly familiar with construction documents.
- Review all draw requests to ensure appropriateness for work completed.
- Oversee and keep construction costs on budget. Review budget and all change orders with Development Managers and work to minimize the related costs and keep developments on budget.
- Oversee construction schedule; work with Development Managers to keep contractor in compliance with schedule to assure timely start dates, completion dates, settlement and/or lease-up, and move-in of residents to their homes.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with lenders’ inspectors, homeowners/tenants, contractors, architects, engineers and other third-party consultants.
- Monitor, analyze, and forecast all cost elements on the project, including changes
- Input or update budget information, expenditure information, and forecasts into the cost reporting system(s)
- Earned value analysis based on input from project leads. On smaller projects recommending corrective actions when necessary.
- Develop and process of changes in the change management system. This may also include interface with the client
- Prepare and analyze revenue and cost for home office professional services. On smaller projects this would also include recommended corrective actions to the project manager.
- Prepare spreadsheets and a wide variety of routine cost analysis, cash flow, and other cost related evaluations.
- Print and distribute technical and administrative reports, assembly of monthly report packages
- Ensure consistent use of standardized processes and technologies across programs.
- Serve as a point of contact for internal and external audits of Central File related processes and activities.
- Review document quality data and audit outputs to identify trends across the programs to ensure quality documentation.
- Actively identify continuous improvement opportunities to enhance operational efficiencies through process and metrics analysis.
- Review metrics to monitor performance against targets to ensure program deliverables are being met and productivity is aligned with expectations.
Earned Value Management
- Describe EVM policies and methodologies for performance measurement of programs
- Explain cost estimating processes, methods, techniques, analytical principles, data, confidence bands, specialized costing, application of OMB A-94, Guidelines and Discount Rates for Benefit-Cost Analysis of Federal Programs, and management applications
- Allocate funds within appropriation categories and use of funds from each appropriation correctly
- Explain the need for an integrated baseline review process
- Demonstrate the use of information systems for financial management reporting
- Identify management techniques
Integrated Project Planning / Development
- Project plan development
- Inputs Tools and techniques
- Outputs Other planning inputs
- Project planning methodology
- Project plan
- Historical information
- Stakeholder skills and knowledge
- Supporting details
- Organizational policies
- Project management information system
- Constraints Earned value management
- Contribute primarily to Commissioning and occasionally to retro-commissioning, , energy efficiency retrofit, and demand response projects.
- Help customers achieve required Commissioning tasks required to secure a LEED rating.
- Monitor HVAC systems with building automation systems and stand-alone data loggers to troubleshoot operational problems or to find inefficient control sequences.
- Perform hands-on testing of HVAC, lighting, and control systems in new and existing buildings
- Write commissioning plans and field reports for new construction projects
- Write assessment, detailed evaluation, and measurement and verification reports and retro-commissioning plans for existing facilities
- Write sequences of operations Perform measurement and verification of installed projects.